I have a very tough situation at home. Like really really tough. My BF is vegan, And the kid is picky as hell about food. I also have 2 dogs and a cat, but those will eat almost anything you give them, so they are rarely a problem.
BF and kid, on the other hand, can be problematic, and it takes extra brain activity and imagination to cook something that all 3 of us will be able to eat. Normally I won’t bother as the man in my life is definitely a better cook than me, so he can easily feed himself without my assistance. But sometimes I am extra sweet and nice and decide to cook something that we all can eat. And this weekend these were muffins. Totally Paleo and Vegan friendly. Don’t thank me, I know I am a genius.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of pitted dates and raisins (soak them in warm water for 10-15 minutes to make them soft)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 4-5 tbsp almond butter or any other nut butter that you like
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- For topping – crushed nuts, raisins, chocolate chips or whatever your heart desires
- Put bananas with dates and raisins into your food processor and mix till smooth
- Add other ingredients and mix well. You might need to stop your food processor several times and scrape mixture off the walls. Your muffin mixture should be fairly thick, but not dry.
- Put your mixture into the muffin cups (fill 3/4 of a cup) and bake at 180 degrees C (350 F) for 15-20 min,
- Don’t eat all of them alone!